This month’s T-SQL Tuesday is hosted by Jorge Segarra (blog | twitter) who decided that we should write about our favorite new feature in SQL Server 2008 R2. The majority of my published works concentrates on Reporting Services, so the obvious answer for me with regard to favorite new features is…Reporting Services. I can’t pick just one thing in Reporting Services, so instead I thought I’d compile a list of my posts of the new features in Reporting Services 2008 R2:
- Map Wizard for spatial data (The World is But a Stage)
- Pagination features (I’ve Got Your Page Number)
- Lookup functions (Look Up, Look Down, Look All Around – Part I, Part II, Part III)
- Test Connection button (Testing, Testing 1-2-3)
- Conditional formatting based on format, i.e. RenderFormat (As You Like It)
And I wrote an overview of the business intelligence features in SQL Server 2008 R2 for Microsoft Press in the free e-book, Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, if you’re curious about what else is new in both the BI platform as well as the relational engine.