- VHD containing BI stack (SQL Server 2008 R2) and SharePoint 2010 evaluation software
- This image does NOT contain a SharePoint integrated mode instance of Reporting Services – only a native mode installation.
- It also does NOT contain a PowerPivot for SharePoint instance. To add it to the existing SharePoint farm, follow the instructions here.
- Project REAL – sample databases, scripts, packages, and reports illustrating best practices for SQL Server BI.
- This material was developed for SQL Server 2005 and requires some file updates (which will occur automatically when you open the package or report in BIDS).
- Microsoft Data Warehouse Toolkit utilities
- These utilities illustrate concepts discussed in The Microsoft Data Warehouse Toolkit: with SQL Server 2008 R2 and the Microsoft Business Intelligence Toolset, a book I highly recommend.
- SSIS demo files (requires AdventureWorks2008R2 or AdventureWorksDW2012)
- SSAS demo files (requires AdventureWorks2008R2 or AdventureWorksDW2012)
- Dynamic partitioning – sample cube and SSIS packages to demonstrate dynamic partitioning
- Date Dimension Script from John Sirmon
- Andy Leonard’s SSIS Framework
- Integration Services: Performance Tuning Techniques… although written for 2005, much of this information still applies
- Designing SSIS Packages for High Performance (for 2008, still applies)
- SQLCAT Top 10 SSIS Best Practices
- Performance Loading of SCDs in SSIS by Alex Whittles
- Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services by Brian Knight, Erik Veerman, Jessica Moss, Mike Davis, and Chris Rock
- SQL Server 2012 Integration Services Design Patterns by Andy Leonard, Matt Masson, Tim Mitchell, Jessica Moss, and Michelle Ufford
- Save package as template to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\ProjectItems\DataTransformationProject. To use, use Add New Item in your project.
- Dynamic Partitions description
- Many to Many Revolution by Marco Russo and Alberto Ferrari
- SSAS 2008 R2 Performance Guide (still applicable to 2012 Multidimensional)
- SSAS 2008 R2 Operations Guide (still applicable to 2012 Multidimensional)
- ROLAP for SQL Server Data Warehouses (still applicable to 2012 Multidimensional)
Chicago Class – April 2012
Chicago Class – April 2013
- Zip file containing backup of BN_DW database, Dimensional Model, Analysis Services project, and Reporting Services project